#Brave-laptop dev: Being brave with my first issue (WIP)

Brave Issue

I decided to be brave with my first brave issue, https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/12458
in the comments they stated that it's not a trivial fix.

alt-f on firefox
The Issue pertains to pressing alt-"key" to open one of the alt menu options, it exists in Firefox like so.



















I've tried various things to get this to work, like adding a new windowAction, but discovered that menubar.js has it's own event handler that is normally used to open the submenu for when enter is pressed or when down is pressed. this didn't work out.

main.js is what handles the alt press, so having this disconnect, I poked around to see if there was any way to tell the menubar to open the submenu from menu.js' event handler, I found that there's an option that's called e.stopPropagation(), to let main.js "pass" the key input along to any other handler.

I currently got the file menu to open after pressing it twice, have yet to figure out how to get it to work after only one press.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Python-dev: adding pathlike functionality

Building Firefox on Linux first time build

#Brave-laptop dev: interesting issue part 2